Kiddos

Kiddos

Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Preview

After an entire week of having sick kids, I've never been so happy to see solid poop in their diapers. Yes, I said it, solid poop!  Hard enough having one sick kiddo, but two at the same time, plus a sick husband!!!  Four days of little sleep, cleaning up vomit, loads and loads of laundry....lets just say I'm exhausted!  One afternoon when I was changing the sheets on one of the beds I threw the comforter on the floor, and for a few moments I got a glimpse of normalcy.  Both boys had a ball rolling around on it, playing peek a boo, etc.  Who knew it would be that entertaining?  But it only last a few minutes, because soon what little energy they had was zapped and they were both needed a rest.
 Today is Friday and Halloween is just three days away.  I'm sewing part of Weston's costume and was trying to convince him to put it on to size it.  But he wanted no part of it.  In an effort to convince him costumes were fun, I tried one out on Tyge since I'm still debating what he should be....turtle (costume handed down from his cousin Reese) or Giraffe (costume handed down from his brother).  I have to say, he does make a pretty cute turtle. 
We also made and decorated cookies....because what better thing for a sick kid to do than eat cookies?  Weston cut all of them out for me, including "footballs for Daddy" and "Dinosaur's for Jay".  The dinosaurs for Jay threw me off a little....but then I remembered that we were over there last week and he must have saw Jay's dinosaur Halloween costume hanging in the living room.  I was able to frost most of the cookies while he napped, but he got up just in time to help me finish them.   



Yesterday the boys received Halloween cards from Aunt Tracy, Uncle David and cousin Matthew....Weston's with cut out glasses.  Only got him to put them on for a quick picture because he thinks they are better suited for Flo (poor dog). 
Hopefully in a few days we will convince Weston to finally put his costume on (I'll admit that we will likely bribe him with candy) and I'll have lots more pictures to share.

No comments: