Kiddos

Kiddos

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"D"

I don't know if I'm quite ready to get out of the "lazy day lifestyle" we have been living for the last nine weeks (there is nothing wrong with still being in your jammies at noon). However, next week I head back to work. I am lucky enough that I don't have a typical M-F, 8-5 schedule, and work for a great company that allows for my flexible schedule. I work from home a lot, which can mean a lot of late nights after the bedtime routine is done, but it is worth not being away from the boys for too long.

Nearly two years ago we were lucky enough to find Darlene, or "D" as Weston calls her. Darlene started watching Weston a couple days a week when he was about five months old. She has been such a godsend, as has become a part of our family. I often refer to her as our "Oregon Grandma", since Avo' is in California and Grandma W. is in Montana. Darlene has grandkids of her own too, but I sometimes wonder if it is even possible that she could spoil her own grandchildren as much as she does Weston.

Darlene always tells me how smart Weston is....I hope she realizes that a lot of that is thanks to her. She gets right down on the floor with him to play, practice counting, read books, etc. Since she came into our lives Darlene always made comments about Weston one day having a brother or sister to play with....that day has now come. We are so grateful she is willing to continue to watch Wes while I'm away at work, and now Tyge will be blessed with knowing her too.

No comments: