Kiddos

Kiddos

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Taste of Home

A few weeks back I commented on my sister in law's facebook post. Went something like this:

Olivia - "Sucks living in Denver where you have to pay an arm and a leg for almonds" Stacey - "I know what you mean Olivia" (paraphrasing here, I'm not sure of the exact wording of the online conversation).

A week later the mail lady delivered a package to the front door step. To my surprise and delight, it was a bag of almonds from our wonderful cousin Terri Boersma. Today we made a trip to Walmart. Not my favorite place to shop, but sometimes the convenience of buying sneakers and tater tots in one stop is too much to pass up. The exciting thing about shopping at Walmart, is that each summer we can buy our watermelons there. And these aren't just any watermelons, they are non other than Van Groningen & Sons melons. As I walked by the bin I noticed the familiar label and quickly decided to bring one home. I told Weston, "these are from Avo's neighbor". He said "oh, Vo's nebor", as if he knew what I was talking about. So then I told him "Jason grew these". That was all it took for him to be convinced it was worth buying. He then proceeded to proudly tell every person we passed in the store "Jason grew this", while pointing to the melon. Thank you Boersma Brothers and Van Groningen & Sons for growing great products. And thank you Danielle Cultrera for working hard to make sure watermelons keep getting shipped to Oregon Walmart stores. Now, if we could just figure out how to get some Brentwood corn and good peaches up here!!

No comments: