Kiddos

Kiddos

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Growing up way to fast...

Update on the attempt to get Weston to eat solid food: he is more concerned with grabbing the spoon out of my hands. In an effort to get him to be a little more open to this whole solid food thing, I decided to let him take control. So, I put a little bit of rice cereal on his spoon, hand it over and he tries to put it in his mouth, just like everything else he gets his hands on. He doesn't get much actually in his mouth, but he at least gets a taste of it. And, I'm happy to report that I think this method is actually worked, today I got almost a whole tablespoon down the hatch before he started throwing a fit. Today was a day full of screaming. Not an "I'm mad" scream, but a "I just want to hear my voice scream". Danny refers to it as his "girl scream" due to the lovely pitch. So, here's a short version from this morning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vteqos701wg and a longer 2 1/2 minute version for those of you that are a little more daring http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sbBvbSxkEA.
The other scary thing is that he is moving around wayyyyy to much. As soon as I put him on his back, he immediately rolls over. In the mornings I find him in his crib, on his tummy completely facing the opposite direction from where I left him. Today, while packing up all of the clothes he has already outgrown, I set him down on the floor to play. He started out facing me and the mirror/toy that is on the ground at the bottom of the photo...obviously he was more interested in what was in his closet. And at one point his feet must have been near the dresser because as you can see he lost a sock over there to the left. I REALLY need to watch where I set him now!

No comments: